What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

Parents
  • Apart from the bible, I’m currently reading ‘The sermon on the Mount’ by Emmet Fox, who, after picking up this book, I have fallen head over heals in love with Heart eyes I love his style of writing. I’m also re-reading ‘A complaint free world’ and ‘Hidden Power for human problems’ and I’m slowly making my way through a series of lectures by Thomas Troward. 

• Sounds like you are very busy reading at the moment. What is ‘the sermon on the mount’ like?

Reply Children
  • I wish that I had more time to read i really do. But having young children means that I have to prioritise other things. Reading is a luxury these days that i enjoy in the evenings if i'm not too tired by then! I'm glad that you've found such an amazing book to read  

• Apart from walks down the canal bank, that's really all I do! I don't do housework etc or meeting people, I just indulge in my favourite passtime of reading Book 

The sermon on the mount is out of this world. It's like I devour it but not just with my eyes, it's like the words seep into my whole body, it's like the words penetrate deep within my being and it feels amazing. 

If people understood what it meant, and followed the ridiculously clear instructions ~ Jesus had to be autistic because I have never met anybody who talks as clear and as blunt as me, until I found his teaching ~ they would never have another moment of sickness or any other form of lack or want in their lives ever again.

Sometimes I just repeat the first two words of the prayer he taught 'our father' and that fills me with so much joy and wonder that they're the only two words I think about all day. The absolute genius of them never fails to fill me with unending awe, amazement and admiration at their magnificence. 

And my life long special interest is also going to be my work so all this reading, as well as being ridiculously delicious, it's also part of my work.