What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

Parents
  • I love reading, but for some reason go through very fallow periods where (audiobooks aside) I jus don't, and can't seem to overcome the inertia. Then when I get going, I really do. Even then, there might then be a protracted intermission mid-book. 

I just finished one called Convenience Store Woman (which has an implied autistic dimension to its very likeable lead character), and my next book will be 'The John Nathan-Turner Production Diaries' - a forensic deep-dive into the literal day-to-day activities of Doctor Who's producer in the 1980s, pieced together from all sorts of paperwork in yellowing files still kept by the BBC. Right up my street, though I should try and read something concurrentky that's not so overtly connected to my special interest too. I'll probably die without an adequate grounding in the classics because my focus was so narrow. 

• I love reading, but for some reason go through very fallow periods where (audiobooks aside) I jus don't, and can't seem to overcome the inertia. Then when I get going, I really do. Even then, there might then be a protracted intermission mid-book. 

I just finished one called Convenience Store Woman (which has an implied autistic dimension to its very likeable lead character), and my next book will be 'The John Nathan-Turner Production Diaries' - a forensic deep-dive into the literal day-to-day activities of Doctor Who's producer in the 1980s, pieced together from all sorts of paperwork in yellowing files still kept by the BBC. Right up my street, though I should try and read something concurrentky that's not so overtly connected to my special interest too. I'll probably die without an adequate grounding in the classics because my focus was so narrow. 

Children
No Data