What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

Parents
  • I have recently purchased a book of short stories by Italo Calvino.  I am interested in Italo as he was Gore Vidal's favourite writer. I admire Gore a fair bit.

Less literary, but no less fascinating to me will be Lemmy from Motorheads Autobiography.  Top bloke.  I wish i were him sometimes.  Anything has to be more interesting than this.  I wish i lived on impulse alone.  

• We studied him at uni. There is one featuring a knight who is an empty suit of armour, but he is still.keen on pursuing various various lost causes

Reply Children
  • How is this supposed to be insulting or reflecting any kind of belief?  I wrote about Agilulfo the knight in empty armour as one of my final essays! That is fact, and I didn't make the story up either, and nothing to do with any kind of belief whatsoever. I was interested because Calvino came up in that course. 

• Is that meant to be helpful/insulting or both?  It's certainly incredibly direct.  You must be very certain in your own beliefs to say something like that to me.  Or perhaps not.