Musical instruments

I am learning both the Guitar and Violin.  I started with the Guitar first and play the chords with a pick. More recently I started to read music and learn the guitar fingerstyle.

In the past two weeks I have started to learn the Violin. However, I have to wear ear plugs because of it is so loud and starts sensory problems.

Does anyone else do something similar?

Parents
  • One of the things I do to relieve stress is to get one of my recorders out.

I only had lessons at school until I was eleven, and it was something which others seemed to want to get out of 'Not recorders again today'.  I soon took to it though, and could at that time read music quite well.  Now that skill is gone, but I once I have heard a tune I can 'arrange' it for recorder.  Most of the tunes I play are classical and folk/early music tunes, but I also pick out some popular music of the fifties and sixties.

At work in the lunch break I will have one day a week when I will have a session in a quiet room.  I play a tenor, treble, descant and sopranino, I would also like a bass recorder to play but they are quite expensive to buy and also too big to carry around.

I always think that I should pop off to town at lunchtimes and earn a few bob extra!  And with Christmas coming up it is quite a tradition for me to play some Christmas music at work. (a few bum notes but who cares!)

I think the whole point about a musical instrument is the pleasure it gives in playing it, not particulary the standard one has reached but the satisfaction one gains from it.  I also enjoy singing, I would love to be in a small choir, not that I am a good singer but that it gives me a great deal of pleasure.

• One of the things I do to relieve stress is to get one of my recorders out.

I only had lessons at school until I was eleven, and it was something which others seemed to want to get out of 'Not recorders again today'.  I soon took to it though, and could at that time read music quite well.  Now that skill is gone, but I once I have heard a tune I can 'arrange' it for recorder.  Most of the tunes I play are classical and folk/early music tunes, but I also pick out some popular music of the fifties and sixties.

At work in the lunch break I will have one day a week when I will have a session in a quiet room.  I play a tenor, treble, descant and sopranino, I would also like a bass recorder to play but they are quite expensive to buy and also too big to carry around.

I always think that I should pop off to town at lunchtimes and earn a few bob extra!  And with Christmas coming up it is quite a tradition for me to play some Christmas music at work. (a few bum notes but who cares!)

I think the whole point about a musical instrument is the pleasure it gives in playing it, not particulary the standard one has reached but the satisfaction one gains from it.  I also enjoy singing, I would love to be in a small choir, not that I am a good singer but that it gives me a great deal of pleasure.

Children
No Data