What's on your bookshelf?

Looking at other people's bookshelves is fascinating!

Do share a favourite book, or a book you would like to read one day. 

Parents
  • I do not have much space and so my books are limited: Compact Oxford Thesaurus, Fowler's Dictionary of Modern English Usage, New Hart's Rules: The Oxford Style Guide, New Oxford Dictionary for Writers & Editors, New Oxford Spelling Dictionary, Oxford A-Z of Grammar & Punctuation, Oxford Dictionary of English, Oxford Modern English Grammar and So Here It Is (the autobiography of Slade's Dave Hill).

I have most of my books stored elsewhere.

I also have an 'e-bookshelf' but I will not list those books. They are mainly out of copyright books downloaded from Project Gutenberg.

• So Here It Is (the autobiography of Slade's Dave Hill).

I read a lot of rock autobiographies and am a big Slade fan but not read this one yet, is it any good?

I've just finished Steve Lukather's (guitarist for Toto and a million sessions in the 80s) new one which is an excellent read. 

• I have read all three of the autobiographies released by the original members of Slade and believe Don Powell's Look Wot I Dun to be the best of three. I preferred Dave Hil's autobiography to Noddy Holder's.

I enjoyed So Here It Is, and learned some more about Slade, but I felt a lot of words were used to say not very much (if that makes sense).

• I didn't realise that any of Slade had written books. That's made my christmas present list a bit longer.  Slight smile

• Thanx for the info caretwo. Yeah I thought Noddy's was disappointing, I thought he came across as quite cocky and blowing his trumpet a lot, it didn't make me warm to him. I'll check out Don's and Dave's then.

Reply Children