What's on your bookshelf?

Looking at other people's bookshelves is fascinating!

Do share a favourite book, or a book you would like to read one day. 

Parents
  • Greetings. I have not read this entire Thread, but I Post to mention somethings which may be popular yet not mentioned...

Does anyone else have certain books - from old, or paperback - and then have what is said to be "The same book" Digitally, but upon reading it there are certain changes? Not spelling/scanning mistakes, but differences such as chapters split or combined, or whole sentences added which were not in the original. (Often the added content makes no sense to the rest of the Book!)

Also, some books, paperback or otherwise, are different/edited, and it is impossible to get the original wording. 

...The two books I have in mind are Bambi, and Black Beauty. Try as I might, I cannot locate the original worded version of "Black Beauty". I could list a few examples of the changes, but was just wondering if anyone else has this, um, annoyance/problem with any other books they know of...?

Also, I understand that they edit some Books because the language is so 'archaic', but the edits made sometimes go against the Plot... Does anyone else know what I mean, Thanks...     !

• Greetings. I have not read this entire Thread, but I Post to mention somethings which may be popular yet not mentioned...

Does anyone else have certain books - from old, or paperback - and then have what is said to be "The same book" Digitally, but upon reading it there are certain changes? Not spelling/scanning mistakes, but differences such as chapters split or combined, or whole sentences added which were not in the original. (Often the added content makes no sense to the rest of the Book!)

Also, some books, paperback or otherwise, are different/edited, and it is impossible to get the original wording. 

...The two books I have in mind are Bambi, and Black Beauty. Try as I might, I cannot locate the original worded version of "Black Beauty". I could list a few examples of the changes, but was just wondering if anyone else has this, um, annoyance/problem with any other books they know of...?

Also, I understand that they edit some Books because the language is so 'archaic', but the edits made sometimes go against the Plot... Does anyone else know what I mean, Thanks...     !

Children