Machines and engines

I've always loved machines and engines. 

I like a bit of nostalgia too. 

Here's a 1962 Twin Tub in action - I spent many happy hours in the company of a machine just like this as a child! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvs1aJ7ES60

Have you got a favourite machine or engine? 

• If so, please share it! 
Parents
  • The first machine I ever owned was a humming top - a simple but fascinating toy: m.youtube.com/watch  Did you play with mechanical toys as a child? 

• I have bought myself a vintage humming top. I chose one manufactured in West Germany by the Lbz company. This one works much better than the one I had as a child. The hum is particularly good as it is made up of several different notes. Perhaps that's why it was sometimes called a  'choral' top.

The top spins for a really long time and I absolutely love the clanking when pumping the handle. It's interesting that my dog, who is often scared of static objects like waster paper bins, likes touching the spinning top very gently with her nose. The two of us are having lots of fun! 

• I have bought myself a vintage humming top. I chose one manufactured in West Germany by the Lbz company. This one works much better than the one I had as a child. The hum is particularly good as it is made up of several different notes. Perhaps that's why it was sometimes called a  'choral' top.

The top spins for a really long time and I absolutely love the clanking when pumping the handle. It's interesting that my dog, who is often scared of static objects like waster paper bins, likes touching the spinning top very gently with her nose. The two of us are having lots of fun! 

Children
No Data