Cats

I like cats. Don't share my home with one anymore but I always enjoy their proximity. Below I will post some studies by Gwen John (brilliant artist) of her own cat. I hope that other catlovers will join in with photos or paintings that they enjoy. 

Parents Reply Children
  • If I ever see one in the street I'll always try to make friends.

Oh yes, I always do that too; I can't resist stopping for a cat-chat any time I see one. One of my friends and I often give each other directions by cat; "You know that street where the big, ginger moggie lives with the really loud purr?", "Oh, yes, I know him, he's lovely.", "It's a bit further along than that, but not as far as the really fluffy Persian that lives on the corner.", "Oh, just down from the two slightly nervous Siamese?", "That's the place, yes!", ...

I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I've quite often visited someone with a cat for the first time and ended up with the cat purring away on my lap, only to be told "that's unusual, he/she doesn't usually like people!". It gets a bit embarrassing sometimes when I get on with other people's cats better than their nominal pet human does!