Mature students

Hello I have made some plans to go to university or another college in two years time for when I finish the college that I currently attend. I wanted to ask out of curiosity when I do go to university or another college when I am 22 in two years time about whether there would be students much older than me at college or university because I would like to meet some older friends who are in their late 20s and 30s and who are also middle aged at college or university as I want to be treated and seen more as an adult?

Parents
  • It's a really great thing that you are planning to future your education! I don't think you will need to worry too much about starting university at 22. The Student Union in my university often holds social events for mature students. In Oxford and Cambridge, there are specific colleges that only accepts mature students (21+). And in university, there will be a lot of international students who are older (usually because of things such as military service in their country, differences in academic year start/end dates, and extra application time). It's good to keep an eye out for such events and opportunities if you would like to be with slightly older students. In university you can meet all sort of people, and I think it's a place that embraces variety. 

• It's a really great thing that you are planning to future your education! I don't think you will need to worry too much about starting university at 22. The Student Union in my university often holds social events for mature students. In Oxford and Cambridge, there are specific colleges that only accepts mature students (21+). And in university, there will be a lot of international students who are older (usually because of things such as military service in their country, differences in academic year start/end dates, and extra application time). It's good to keep an eye out for such events and opportunities if you would like to be with slightly older students. In university you can meet all sort of people, and I think it's a place that embraces variety. 

Children
No Data