Biscuits

All-purpose biscuit thread. To dunk or not to dunk, biscuit ethics, favourite biscuits for special occasions, etc.

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Split off from this thread, because it was getting too silly:
https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/13006/jumped-or-pushed/78331#78331

• Yummy... Can I have a 'virtual bite? I like them gooey with a real syrupy taste.

• Thanks! In the fridge!

These flapjacks are nice and thick, I don't see the point in skinny flapjacks! Fruity Hob Nobs?

• Looks nice! Where's the milk at!

Flapjacks are strange, I'd say the thickness really counts over it's definition. What are Hob Nobs, if not a flapjack-based biscuit?

• I made these really fruity flapjacks last night. They’re not quite biscuits, but they are very tasty Yum 

• Sounds real good! Amarettis are like the croutons of biscuits!

You can blend some biscuits into milk and vanilla ice cream for a nice shake. Got the idea from KFC Krush'ems. Those Loackers do well, so do Ovaltine biscuits.

• Sorry had to bump this back up, more biscuit discovery news.

Last night I discovered a new combo; Amaretti biscuits and salted caramel ice cream...

OMG It is amazing!

• I don't concentrate on the material aspect of biscuits, it's more on a conceptual, spiritual level.Stuck out tongue winking eye

• I think they are one of  his special interests, Cloudy probably goes straight for the bickies when he does his shopping, mind you can't fault it, I go straight to the sweetie aisle...

I found a solution to the problem. The supermarket never has Loackers. They sell real fast. Online shopping! The fun never ends when they've got a warehouse full of baked goods!

Green and Blacks chocolate is good! I've had their selection packs of small chocolate bars at Christmas before.

Yeah, those are great! I like the Sea Salt and milk chocolate one. Sounds vile, but it's real good. Like a brownie without flour!

Have you been to Cadbury World?

Yeah, it's not far away from me. I haven't been in a long time though, and since Mondelez took them over I doubt I will again!

Saw these in the farm shop earlier and thought of you

Thanks! You should have bought the Raisin Melts! I demolished the ones in that big pack!

These are Loackers, you should both give them a try. Imagine pink wafers, but Nutella based. Basically cheaper Ferrero Rocher, in wafer form!

• Saw these in the farm shop earlier and thought of you Wink

• It wouldn't surprise me if they were! Bet he's got books and books all about different biscuits :-) I imagine that the biscuit aisle of his local supermarket is completely bare too :-) I always try to get past the sweetie aisle before my children notice it!!!

• Green and Blacks chocolate is good! I've had their selection packs of small chocolate bars at Christmas before. Dark chocolate and ginger is good, so is their milk chocolate with Butterscotch. I've not eaten any chocolate recently so I can't comment on the current quality of Cadbury chocolate. I've been to Cadbury World a couple of times, the last being in 2013. It's not quite as good as Willy Wonker's chocolate factory though :-) Have you been to Cadbury World?

• I think they are one of  his special interests, Cloudy probably goes straight for the bickies when he does his shopping, mind you can't fault it, I go straight to the sweetie aisle...

• Galaxy is pretty rich. It takes a while for me to get through one. Green and Blacks dark chocolate and ginger is a favourite, and their Hazelnut and raisin. Cadbury's have dropped the ball, it's almonds and sultanas now, nor raisin and hazelnut in Fruit and Nut. Matter of fact, *** Cadbury's, the new owners have ruined the whole Bournville concept. People lost jobs and homes, plus the chocolates subpar now. I like Bournville the way it used to be, nice place and nice idea.

• Trust you to go straight to the biscuit thread as soon as you’re online Slight smile 

I love the taste of galaxy chocolate but it’s too sweet, I can just about manage one bite of it before it makes my gums hurt Frowning2️ 

• I'm gonna have to investigate those I think, hope they're cheaper too.

They aren't much cheaper, but they are different. I like both but I do alternate because they are different.

yea not sure about the coffee flavour though, I like coffee but only as the drink and not as a flavouring for anything else.

They do them in almond too, think thin Dorias!

As for the Doria, they'd take some topping, I will have to try them crumbled up on strawberries and cream, last Christmas I was dunking them in Baileys OMG they were amazing....

That sounds amazing, it would work just great for me! Have you ever tasted Baileys cheese cake? Whoever came up with that knew what they were doing!

Or just a BAD case of being high and not realising when it is not a good time to drive, biscuits can wait right! Or would you go to the shop at 4am to get biscuits?

If you saw how much the guy loves Hob Nobs, you'd see how he'd venture out at 4am to get Hob Nobs. He's built like a rugby player, but apart from the Hob Nobs has a very lean diet!

I never use catering chocolate when I'm cooking with chocolate! I always use proper chocolate, if I wanted to taste wax then I'd use a candle!

Lololol, it is that waxy! On the subject of cheap choclate though the old Tesco Value milk chocolate was just like Galaxy, almost identical! Cost about a third of the price at one point too!

Those are just delicious

The Borders or the Anna's? I'd bury a pack of either right now!Wink

• Or just a BAD case of being high and not realising when it is not a good time to drive, biscuits can wait right! Or would you go to the shop at 4am to get biscuits?

I never use catering chocolate when I'm cooking with chocolate! I always use proper chocolate, if I wanted to taste wax then I'd use a candle!

• What no cake and no milk! I'm going to have to find a new counsellor! ;-)

• yea not sure about the coffee flavour though, I like coffee but only as the drink and not as a flavouring for anything else.

As for the Doria, they'd take some topping, I will have to try them crumbled up on strawberries and cream, last Christmas I was dunking them in Baileys OMG they were amazing....