Biscuits

All-purpose biscuit thread. To dunk or not to dunk, biscuit ethics, favourite biscuits for special occasions, etc.

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Split off from this thread, because it was getting too silly:
https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/13006/jumped-or-pushed/78331#78331

Parents
  • Thought this thread needed reviving.

Had a box of these the other day, with milk of course.

Forgot how good these were...........

• Yesssss! Borders Ginger covered in dark chocolate are the best. No duking though lol

• Oh they are so good. I take a bite with a glug of ice cold milk, the chocolate hardens up, and it just goes into a lovely mushed up explosion of taste.

Speaking of Borders, I'm just about to crack into these.........

Not tried the "sharing pack" before, no-one's here to share them with so I'll probably have a "all to myself pack"........

• I think they are one of  his special interests, Cloudy probably goes straight for the bickies when he does his shopping, mind you can't fault it, I go straight to the sweetie aisle...

I found a solution to the problem. The supermarket never has Loackers. They sell real fast. Online shopping! The fun never ends when they've got a warehouse full of baked goods!

Green and Blacks chocolate is good! I've had their selection packs of small chocolate bars at Christmas before.

Yeah, those are great! I like the Sea Salt and milk chocolate one. Sounds vile, but it's real good. Like a brownie without flour!

Have you been to Cadbury World?

Yeah, it's not far away from me. I haven't been in a long time though, and since Mondelez took them over I doubt I will again!

Saw these in the farm shop earlier and thought of you

Thanks! You should have bought the Raisin Melts! I demolished the ones in that big pack!

These are Loackers, you should both give them a try. Imagine pink wafers, but Nutella based. Basically cheaper Ferrero Rocher, in wafer form!

• Saw these in the farm shop earlier and thought of you Wink

• It wouldn't surprise me if they were! Bet he's got books and books all about different biscuits :-) I imagine that the biscuit aisle of his local supermarket is completely bare too :-) I always try to get past the sweetie aisle before my children notice it!!!

• Green and Blacks chocolate is good! I've had their selection packs of small chocolate bars at Christmas before. Dark chocolate and ginger is good, so is their milk chocolate with Butterscotch. I've not eaten any chocolate recently so I can't comment on the current quality of Cadbury chocolate. I've been to Cadbury World a couple of times, the last being in 2013. It's not quite as good as Willy Wonker's chocolate factory though :-) Have you been to Cadbury World?

• I think they are one of  his special interests, Cloudy probably goes straight for the bickies when he does his shopping, mind you can't fault it, I go straight to the sweetie aisle...

• Galaxy is pretty rich. It takes a while for me to get through one. Green and Blacks dark chocolate and ginger is a favourite, and their Hazelnut and raisin. Cadbury's have dropped the ball, it's almonds and sultanas now, nor raisin and hazelnut in Fruit and Nut. Matter of fact, *** Cadbury's, the new owners have ruined the whole Bournville concept. People lost jobs and homes, plus the chocolates subpar now. I like Bournville the way it used to be, nice place and nice idea.

• Trust you to go straight to the biscuit thread as soon as you’re online Slight smile 

I love the taste of galaxy chocolate but it’s too sweet, I can just about manage one bite of it before it makes my gums hurt Frowning2️ 

Reply Children

I found a solution to the problem. The supermarket never has Loackers. They sell real fast. Online shopping! The fun never ends when they've got a warehouse full of baked goods!

Green and Blacks chocolate is good! I've had their selection packs of small chocolate bars at Christmas before.

Yeah, those are great! I like the Sea Salt and milk chocolate one. Sounds vile, but it's real good. Like a brownie without flour!

Have you been to Cadbury World?

Yeah, it's not far away from me. I haven't been in a long time though, and since Mondelez took them over I doubt I will again!

Saw these in the farm shop earlier and thought of you

Thanks! You should have bought the Raisin Melts! I demolished the ones in that big pack!

These are Loackers, you should both give them a try. Imagine pink wafers, but Nutella based. Basically cheaper Ferrero Rocher, in wafer form!

• Saw these in the farm shop earlier and thought of you Wink

• It wouldn't surprise me if they were! Bet he's got books and books all about different biscuits :-) I imagine that the biscuit aisle of his local supermarket is completely bare too :-) I always try to get past the sweetie aisle before my children notice it!!!

• Green and Blacks chocolate is good! I've had their selection packs of small chocolate bars at Christmas before. Dark chocolate and ginger is good, so is their milk chocolate with Butterscotch. I've not eaten any chocolate recently so I can't comment on the current quality of Cadbury chocolate. I've been to Cadbury World a couple of times, the last being in 2013. It's not quite as good as Willy Wonker's chocolate factory though :-) Have you been to Cadbury World?

• Galaxy is pretty rich. It takes a while for me to get through one. Green and Blacks dark chocolate and ginger is a favourite, and their Hazelnut and raisin. Cadbury's have dropped the ball, it's almonds and sultanas now, nor raisin and hazelnut in Fruit and Nut. Matter of fact, *** Cadbury's, the new owners have ruined the whole Bournville concept. People lost jobs and homes, plus the chocolates subpar now. I like Bournville the way it used to be, nice place and nice idea.