Unable to edit

I can post new threads and comments, but for some reason I'm now unable to edit any of my threads and comments. When I click the appropriate 'More' button, the 'edit' selection is no longer showing.  Anyone else having a problem?

Parents
  • If am unable to edit or delete my posts, this seriously discourages me to post anything.

I like to have the ability to edit my own posts or remove them if I do not like them anymore. I often edit to correct spelling mistakes.

It is really rare that edit the content of the post and even rarer when I would like to delete it. But I want to have this freedom in case I will need it.

It would be nice if it would be possible to see the editing history for the posts. Facebook offers this option.

• If am unable to edit or delete my posts, this seriously discourages me to post anything.

I like to have the ability to edit my own posts or remove them if I do not like them anymore. I often edit to correct spelling mistakes.

It is really rare that edit the content of the post and even rarer when I would like to delete it. But I want to have this freedom in case I will need it.

It would be nice if it would be possible to see the editing history for the posts. Facebook offers this option.

Children
  • Sorry to hear that. We don't want you to be discouraged from posting.

I'm not personally in favour of this time limit on editing, but can see why WebPM wants to do whatever is possible to avoid spam being left on the forums. (Copybot has been almost silent since Thursday when some more spam threads were deleted, although search engines haven't yet updated and can still find the spam. I'm hopeful it's checking its actions are persisting on the website, rather than checking search engines. so will stop its activity around now.)

I like to have the ability to edit my own posts or remove them if I do not like them anymore. I often edit to correct spelling mistakes

No change has been made to the ability to delete posts as far as I know. Copybot doesn't gain from deleting its posts, so no point in restricting deletion. There is still no time limit to delete, but as before, a post or comment can't be deleted if it has any reply. So if you do want to change an old post that hasn't had a reply, you could just copy and paste it into a new comment and make the changes; and then delete the old one.

If you really need to change an post that is older than a week and has had one or more replies, you can't currently do that, but could presumably ask the moderators to do it for you.

It would be nice if it would be possible to see the editing history for the posts.

I've got the feeling this software doesn't store the history, based on the fact moderators don't seem able to revert.