Who is here?

Just for a bit of fun, I thought I would do a poll on the demographic of individuals who use this forum and then we can see what our online community looks like and argue over the diversity of it (okay, so that last bit might be a joke!). 

Please note: within this poll I have used the term ‘ASD’. I did so because this is what people are usually formally diagnosed with and because it would fit into the poll. If I could have used all alternative terms that people identify with then I would have but unfortunately there just isn’t room within the poll options. To avoid offence however, please substitute ‘ASD’ for whichever term you most identify with in your head and if you want to clarify which term this is, then please do so below.

Parents
  • Might be interesting to add two choice options: (1) A person in the process of an ASD diagnostic assessment; (2) A person with suspected ASD or relates to the condition (I think self-diagnosed is too strong a term, and sometimes one can't confidently be sure).

• Might be interesting to add two choice options: (1) A person in the process of an ASD diagnostic assessment; (2) A person with suspected ASD or relates to the condition (I think self-diagnosed is too strong a term, and sometimes one can't confidently be sure).

Children
  • I think I meant for those to come under ‘A person with undiagnosed ASD’, as you would have to either suspect it in yourself or someone else suggest you have it for you to fall into this category, it’s just that it’s not formally diagnosed. I will see if I can amend the poll though (I’m making no promises though as I’ve never tried that before and I have to go on a different computer to do it).