Loneliness

For me, loneliness varies widely.

I can be totally alone at home all day.  Not speaking to anyone.  Yet not feel lonely.

At other times I'm surrounded by people, all communicating, but I feel completely alone and very very lonely.

School was a loneliness nightmare.  Children all around me.  But I was totally alone year after year 

Yesterday I felt almost ok.  Heard a sad song on the radio and suddenly the loneliness hit me.

Parents
  • I feel very lonely right now. We have family over so there are 11 people in the house instead of the normal 5, it's loud and smelly, some one is wearing a very strong perfume or aftershave. Very soon food will arrive, they are having Indian and some of them will have meat in their meal.  I want to die.

• Hang in there, Song.  I know that feeling, and it's horrible.  I'm alone now and am feeling settled after getting back from shops full of people. 

Keep in touch through the evening, if you can.

• I'm hiding in the bathroom at the moment with my kindle fire talking to you all.

Thank you Martian Tom.

So if I post to much or am writing utter rubbish just forgive me please everyone

Reply Children
  • Christmas was a nightmare, I hated family gatherings and used to cry myself to sleep, without the family knowing, feeling so low and ashamed.  It was so intense, now I know I have autism I can understand why.  Sleep was one way of coping but these family parties went onto late, then when I reached my forties, I had enough and when everyone talks of family gatherings at Christmas, I just want to hibernate.  I can put up with crowds to some degree but there are times when I hate being put on the spot and feel absolutely awkward.

• I don't blame you, despite being the elder, you are entitled to a little bit of peace and quiet, we were taught to respect our older folks, especially my Nan's quiet times, which I liked, when she had her forty winks.  Perhaps your husband will join you, if he understands?  Forty winks meant that my Grandma wanted a short nap after lunch and we had to be quiet,  Even as teens we respected that space, especially in her house, however my Nan did like a good party as she aged, which I hated.

• Yes I will end up in there, but I am meant to be the elder here, well husband and i.

• Sending loves and hugs to you, is there anywhere else you could go and do you have your own room?