Loneliness

For me, loneliness varies widely.

I can be totally alone at home all day.  Not speaking to anyone.  Yet not feel lonely.

At other times I'm surrounded by people, all communicating, but I feel completely alone and very very lonely.

School was a loneliness nightmare.  Children all around me.  But I was totally alone year after year 

Yesterday I felt almost ok.  Heard a sad song on the radio and suddenly the loneliness hit me.

Parents
  • I feel very lonely right now. We have family over so there are 11 people in the house instead of the normal 5, it's loud and smelly, some one is wearing a very strong perfume or aftershave. Very soon food will arrive, they are having Indian and some of them will have meat in their meal.  I want to die.

• I find this to be horrible feeling. Being around people and feeling lonely.

And if I cannot leave and go somewhere else, I panic.

Reply Children
  • Yes, is there anywhere you can find your own personal space, is it your family or friends,  I would put some strong barriers around you, you deserve some respect and understanding.  Sometimes you will find you are not the only ones who feel the same way, the brash and noisy people need to respect the gentler quieter friends.