Loneliness

For me, loneliness varies widely.

I can be totally alone at home all day.  Not speaking to anyone.  Yet not feel lonely.

At other times I'm surrounded by people, all communicating, but I feel completely alone and very very lonely.

School was a loneliness nightmare.  Children all around me.  But I was totally alone year after year 

Yesterday I felt almost ok.  Heard a sad song on the radio and suddenly the loneliness hit me.

Parents
  • I feel very lonely right now. We have family over so there are 11 people in the house instead of the normal 5, it's loud and smelly, some one is wearing a very strong perfume or aftershave. Very soon food will arrive, they are having Indian and some of them will have meat in their meal.  I want to die.

• I feel the same at family gatherings and used to take a book with me, my Auntie could never understand why,  I also felt upset and cried at parties too, even at weddings. I used to try and find some nice quiet space.  I loved going out into the garden on a fine day and just sitting by myself.  Now I know why and need not feel so ashamed and so do my family, now I have a diagnosis and can notice that some of the little ones have these traits and can come and sit quietly with  me.  I take my knitting and crochet along.

• I feel the same at family gatherings and used to take a book with me, my Auntie could never understand why,  I also felt upset and cried at parties too, even at weddings. I used to try and find some nice quiet space.  I loved going out into the garden on a fine day and just sitting by myself.  Now I know why and need not feel so ashamed and so do my family, now I have a diagnosis and can notice that some of the little ones have these traits and can come and sit quietly with  me.  I take my knitting and crochet along.

Children