New friend

I was bored and not happy here

Parents
  • Hi Rachael, I would love to be your online friend.

Could you please tell us a bit more about yourself, your hobbies, interests, a bit about your childhood likes, dislikes, how you found out about this site, are you Autistic? ( Diagnosed or self diagnosed?).  Interesting stories about your experiences.

Is English your first language? ( I started learning English when I was five)  If not how did you learn it? ( I slowly picked it up from other kids at school).

Hope to hear from you soon.

• I didn't realise English wasn't your first language. That must have made starting school even more confusing! Do you enjoy being bilingual?

• Do you enjoy being bilingual?

No, I do not enjoy being bilingual and I do not want to be bilingual.

I am trying to switch from the old language to English everywhere.

I use English everywhere I can. The old language is very slowly disappearing. Now English is almost everywhere for me.

I want to use only one language in my life. English.

I love English.

English is a beautiful language.

• That's a fair comment, i can't identify the different regional accents of France. Although i think your English ability is a lot better than my French. That's true, i have a relative from there.

Thank you very much!

I just want one English.

It is often difficult for me to recognize the words if people speak with different accents.

I think, therefore, I gravitate towards the academic and business English.

• That's a fair comment, i can't identify the different regional accents of France. Although i think your English ability is a lot better than my French. That's true, i have a relative from there.

• No, I do not listen to all the different regional accents of English.

It is so difficult for me to learn languages.

I am more interested in the written words and the grammar not so much in the accents.

But I do know that there is a different English in the Newcastle area.

• That's ok, i'm glad you might find it useful. Do you like to listen to all the different regional accents of English? Do you have a favourite? I like the Yorkshire accent because it seems to sound friendly to me.

• I found this site where you can do free online courses. I'm doing the French ones, but there are lots of English ones that you might like. I'm not sure what level you would need but you can have a look if you are interested: www.open.edu/.../free-courses

Thank you so much for recommending me the site.

I did not know about this website.

This is really a useful resource.

Reply Children