Snow!

We so rarely get it in my corner of south-east England.  This morning, we've a real blizzard!  I can't go to work because the day centre's shut with the weather.

So... I've been out and taken some photos...

Parents
  • 2 March and snow and ice still on the ground.  It is unusual.  But I have suffered more in past winters.

In Jan 1984 I was working temporarily in Lowestoft on the East Anglian coast and the snow was very heavy along the east coast.  Even on the beach and 10 miles inland there were snowdrifts feet deep.  I tried to get a national express coach home to Yorkshire and was told it was cancelled because  there it was even worse.  And the M1 was blocked for two days between Leeds and Sheffield.

In sept 1986 to Jan 1987 I was living in a shared student house in Sheffield near the Hillsborough football ground.  For two weeks around Christmas/new year the house was unoccupied because we all went home.  I arrived back in January 87 in the middle of a very cold winter and found that the whole house was frozen (no central heating) .  All the water taps were frozen solid.  Except the cold water tap in the kitchen getting water from the mains. Even the toilet was frozen.  Bowl and cistern.  So I couldn't flush the loo.  I suspect the pipes were frozen too.  I was expecting them to flood when they unfroze.

So I moved out!

• I remember my birthday many years ago when we had lots of snow, much more than we have now. It was such a treat for me but most other people were not so happy as they thought it shouldn’t be snowing at this time of year so they seemed to be angry with the weather for doing something out of order, it was supposed to be spring, they said, and they weren’t happy, they didn’t enjoy it like me, they were too angry with the weather for giving snow in the wrong month. And they said I was weird and controlling! Lol! At least I didn’t try and control the weather or get angry with it if it gave some kind of weather that they didn’t think appropriate for the month. I didn’t have a clue what the weather was supposed to be doing in any given month anyway, I clearly never learned that one which didn’t/doesn’t bother me because it means that I am happy with the weather, whatever it decides to do, I don’t chain it down to do certain things on certain days of the year although I do like snow at Christmas, but I don’t get upset or angry if we don’t have it. I find people get annoyed with the weather even when they’re not even planning on going out in it. I find it fascinating how many people complain about and get angry with the weather. I don’t get it, but then I don’t get many things in this life! Lol! Such as life! 

• I remember my birthday many years ago when we had lots of snow, much more than we have now. It was such a treat for me but most other people were not so happy as they thought it shouldn’t be snowing at this time of year so they seemed to be angry with the weather for doing something out of order, it was supposed to be spring, they said, and they weren’t happy, they didn’t enjoy it like me, they were too angry with the weather for giving snow in the wrong month. And they said I was weird and controlling! Lol! At least I didn’t try and control the weather or get angry with it if it gave some kind of weather that they didn’t think appropriate for the month. I didn’t have a clue what the weather was supposed to be doing in any given month anyway, I clearly never learned that one which didn’t/doesn’t bother me because it means that I am happy with the weather, whatever it decides to do, I don’t chain it down to do certain things on certain days of the year although I do like snow at Christmas, but I don’t get upset or angry if we don’t have it. I find people get annoyed with the weather even when they’re not even planning on going out in it. I find it fascinating how many people complain about and get angry with the weather. I don’t get it, but then I don’t get many things in this life! Lol! Such as life! 

Children
No Data