Snow!

We so rarely get it in my corner of south-east England.  This morning, we've a real blizzard!  I can't go to work because the day centre's shut with the weather.

So... I've been out and taken some photos...

Parents
  • Following on from talking about how the councils don’t prepare for snow in this country, people, it seems don’t prepare either. I was at my parents house last night and the news was on, showing an old lady, she must have been at least 80, who was unable to leave her house due to her health and she had no food. No food!!!! Can you believe it. People were risking their lives, leaving their homes, to give her food!!! Why?!?!? You’re not telling me that after 80 years, no matter how little money a person has coming in, they couldn’t manage to store up enough food to see them through periods when they may not be able to leave the house. It’s unbelievable how irresponsible some people are and they put her on the news like she was some kind of hero, never mind the wonderful man who left his family and the warmth of his home to take some food to her. I agree, it’s unbelievable how people don’t prepare. I see cars when I’m out driving that clearly don’t have snow tyres, they don’t have blankets in their cars or food. It’s not just the councils that don’t prepare, it seems, according to the news anyway, that many people don’t prepare either. But then again, I don’t believe most of what they portray in the news so maybe she’s just a one off. I don’t think most people, particularly of her age, would be so irresponsible but I do see cars driving around that clearly aren’t prepared. 

• Following on from talking about how the councils don’t prepare for snow in this country, people, it seems don’t prepare either. I was at my parents house last night and the news was on, showing an old lady, she must have been at least 80, who was unable to leave her house due to her health and she had no food. No food!!!! Can you believe it. People were risking their lives, leaving their homes, to give her food!!! Why?!?!? You’re not telling me that after 80 years, no matter how little money a person has coming in, they couldn’t manage to store up enough food to see them through periods when they may not be able to leave the house. It’s unbelievable how irresponsible some people are and they put her on the news like she was some kind of hero, never mind the wonderful man who left his family and the warmth of his home to take some food to her. I agree, it’s unbelievable how people don’t prepare. I see cars when I’m out driving that clearly don’t have snow tyres, they don’t have blankets in their cars or food. It’s not just the councils that don’t prepare, it seems, according to the news anyway, that many people don’t prepare either. But then again, I don’t believe most of what they portray in the news so maybe she’s just a one off. I don’t think most people, particularly of her age, would be so irresponsible but I do see cars driving around that clearly aren’t prepared. 

Children
No Data