Snow!

We so rarely get it in my corner of south-east England.  This morning, we've a real blizzard!  I can't go to work because the day centre's shut with the weather.

So... I've been out and taken some photos...

Parents
  • 11pm sitting at home watching Battlestar Galactica DVDS.  And a bit of nighttime photography from my window.

Incredible how light the world is at night with lying snow.

Tomorrow it's a visit to debt advice charity.  Wonder if they will cancel due to the weather.

• It’s really light outside with the snow everywhere, it’s beautiful, I felt like I was on a film set, walking through the quiet streets. Why not ask them to cancel all the debt, rather than just the appointment! 

Reply Children
  • I got a good few hundred written off by yorkshire water recently ~ aren’t they marvellous, I think mine was about £800 and I got the winter fuel thing. I also just got a brand new fridge, freezer and washer which was very nice. Best of luck with the discretionary grant. 

• I used to creep out early and walk through the village and across the fields and it felt wonderful being so totally alone in the world.

()

• Good luck with tomorrow Robert, really like the night pictures, so quite and clean looking.

I like late nights in summer or early before other beings mess it all up by rushing about,

()

• Depends on the debt. And who it's to.

A year ago I managed to get a £300 bank overdraft written off.  And over £400 owed to Yorkshire water was cancelled.  I also successfully applied for the warm front grant for the last two winters.  That's worth £280.

Now I'm trying to get the discretionary grant to top up my housing benefit.