Mortgages and living alone

hi there, I've been avoiding debt like the plague because they whole system is tainted by greed and hate. I've managed to save a 50% deposit in the process but I'm starting to realise that I need a spending plan. I still currently live with my parents and was wondering how many of you have successfully achieved total independence by living on your own with a mortgage and a place of your own? Taking care of myself is hard work and admittedly I wash only once a week, rely heavily on convenience foods and rarely exercise. Would that all change if I had total control of my environment or is there a major flaw in that plan due to how the condition impacts living capacities?

Parents
  • For reference I have diagnosed Asperger's, now Higher Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder so I'm at the less impacted end of the scale.

After a blip with debt at 18/19 and the paying that off at 20-21 I've never been in debt until recently and my recent debt is entirely mortgage debt, I wouldn't want to take out unsecured debt in any form.

I have a budget which I follow, it allows me to know where exactly I am with money. Off the back of that I operate two different savings accounts, a buffer account which is for things I budget monthly but are paid annually (so I put the money in there monthly and take it back out when I need to pay that budget line) and a savings account for longer term savings.

In terms of everything else I don't really struggle with motivation apart from a few times a year. I get up in the morning, shower, shave, and go to work. At work I'll do an hour in the gym then shower before going to the office for around 08:00 so that gets me regular exercise. I cook virtually every day and don't keep convenience foods in the house and cook every evening whilst I also make lunch for the following day at work. Weekends are somewhat more flexible and I will vary my pattern when needed or if I go away, I generally stick to it as it works. 

I would recommend planning out things financially as well as a plan that you stick to for time, daily showers, regular cooking fitted around work (I presume that's where you get your income from?) and other activities.

• For reference I have diagnosed Asperger's, now Higher Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder so I'm at the less impacted end of the scale.

After a blip with debt at 18/19 and the paying that off at 20-21 I've never been in debt until recently and my recent debt is entirely mortgage debt, I wouldn't want to take out unsecured debt in any form.

I have a budget which I follow, it allows me to know where exactly I am with money. Off the back of that I operate two different savings accounts, a buffer account which is for things I budget monthly but are paid annually (so I put the money in there monthly and take it back out when I need to pay that budget line) and a savings account for longer term savings.

In terms of everything else I don't really struggle with motivation apart from a few times a year. I get up in the morning, shower, shave, and go to work. At work I'll do an hour in the gym then shower before going to the office for around 08:00 so that gets me regular exercise. I cook virtually every day and don't keep convenience foods in the house and cook every evening whilst I also make lunch for the following day at work. Weekends are somewhat more flexible and I will vary my pattern when needed or if I go away, I generally stick to it as it works. 

I would recommend planning out things financially as well as a plan that you stick to for time, daily showers, regular cooking fitted around work (I presume that's where you get your income from?) and other activities.

Children
No Data