PROBLEMS WITH THIS (NAS) FORUM - February 2018

I accept that this may be a "Bad" Topic, yet it needs to be highlighted, surely where "NAS" can *not* avoid seeing it, surely...

Current Problems with this Forum:
- Posts Disappear and Reappear at Random.
- Notifications are not always received (apparently).
- Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.
- Things such as "Groups" or "BlogPosts" or "Questions"... seem to have no meaning, and so they cannot be applied...?
(Anyone reading, you may currently check your own "Profile" to confirm this. Click upon your own "Achievements", and then upon "List of Possible Achievements".)
- ... There is a great list of "Achievements". Again, many of these have no defined meaning and so are un-achievable. (Linked to "Questions", "BlogPosts", "Ideas", "Status"...?)
- Assigning "Tags" to a New Thread seems to change constantly, and has neither Logical Order nor Meaning.

Here is the "Main" Thread, at which Comments directly to NAS are supposed to be Posted... yet much of it is completely ignored by NAS; It is only responded to by "WebPM", but for whom NAS would not have this "Forum" in the first place, I would wager...
community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

Parents
  • Greetings to all who may watch this Thread, Thank You...

FYI  - ...I do not work for NAS, and yet this happens. See WebPMs last reply, here. I leave upon Sunday and come back and see this. I do not exactly disapprove, yet here is one of my troubles with this... I as yet cannot see this "New Thread" Which I myself supposedly created!! :

However, it is present in the Home Page's History. Thusly:

I have neither begun nor contributed as yet to this Page. By way of experiment, I post this here, to see if anyone else Posting there will make this Thread show up for myself...? Thanks in advance to anyone.

• As I think you found, the thread is a couple of pages down in the recent posts list on the Community home page. It doesn't seem to reflect the date of my additional messages of yesterday in the thread. I actually posted those before adding some more messages from this thread. I did that because they contained my summary of what I believe is happening. That seemed to change the latest message date to reflect the messages taken from this thread, which were several days old. So, the new thread is wrongly a few days back in the history.

I agree with your expectation that, as soon as someone now posts something new to the discussion in that thread, it will sort itself out and come back to the top of the list.

This behaviour of the system doesn't seem right, and I flagged it to the software developers yesterday. However, it's a fairly rare circumstance. I hope you agree that moving the discussion of disappearing/missing messages to a separate thread will make it more accessible to those affected.

Regards

• To Webster... Please check the HOURS parts stated in the Pictures I Posted: "11 Hours Ago", in the History, yet between 9, 10, 12 Hours Ago, in the Recent Threads. Even as I Post this, I still do not see it listed in the Recent Posts part. 

For this reason, I am still Posting *here*. Until someone else - Not WebPM - posts into that other Thread, I cannot see it and I wait to see if someone else makes it appear thay way rather than myself. I also agree with Mr. LoneWarrior saying that doing this was a bit of a confusion. (I suppose doing what was done is good, but, well, "sudden change" and Autiism and all...)

• Click upon WebPMs pink words in his reply, and I do not mind what is written, I only want to see if that makes it show up in my "Recent Threads" section. Thank You kindly.

I also ask if YOU can see it? It is called something like "Disappearing Posts???" with question marks.

• If you mean the picture thread I just have, I may have posted it in the wrong place?

getting a bit fed up with following things,

I am always only to pleased to have exchange with you DC, 

It is nice to know I am not alone.

well it is fairly late evening,,,,!

x()x

• If you mean the picture thread I just have, I may have posted it in the wrong place?

getting a bit fed up with following things,

I am always only to pleased to have exchange with you DC, 

It is nice to know I am not alone.

well it is fairly late evening,,,,!

x()x

Children
  • Click upon WebPMs pink words in his reply, and I do not mind what is written, I only want to see if that makes it show up in my "Recent Threads" section. Thank You kindly.

I also ask if YOU can see it? It is called something like "Disappearing Posts???" with question marks.