Have Just been diagnosed with High Functioning Asperges

I am a 24 year old female that was recently diagnosed with asperges I feel the diagnosis has made me doubt my self doubt my intelligence and feel so lost. I am at a point where I want to have a career but I can't even handle applying for university. Everything affects me so easily and any minor setback can push me back 100 steps. I want to pursue my dream and be a teacher one day but I am suffering from a lot of anxiety and stress and dont have the family support. I am so scared of waking up one day and feeling like my life has been wasted. I do feel like this disorder is a curse in a lot of ways as it affects so much of my life. I would like to get married and have children and have the career like any other person I just don't know how to take the first steps. Can anyone give any tips or advice or share your own experiences. 

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi rose I’m the mum of a 22 year old son with aspergers ; just like you he has had his problems and struggled ,it’s been baby steps with everything ,I’m sorry you don’t have family support do you have any friends who could help and support you? Don’t doubt yourself try to do one positive thing each day ,if your dream is to be a teacher then hang on to that ,don’t give up sweetheart ,everyone needs a dream and a goal and you can do this ,my son Johnny was diagnosed with aspergers when he was six he has high function aspergers ,of course it’s been difficult ,at sixteen he was ready to give up he too saw no future ,now at 22 he is working full time ,getting engaged and saving for house ,dreams can come true don’t give up I know it’s hard ,someone will come into your life who will love you for you ,so stay strong ,keep going,sending you a hug ,read this then smile pick up your pen and fill in your application for university you CAN DO It. Best wishes marie

• I know this message was intended for somebody else, but it spoke to me and was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you Pray tone3 

• Hi blue ray glad it helped keep going best wishes to you

• Thanks Marie. I’m not having an easy time of it just now, but at least I’m not enmeshed in it all so deeply that I can’t see what’s happening.  I was in it deep, last weekend when it first hit me, but with all the new awareness and support etc, I can actually see clearly what’s happening and that’s priceless ~ so although I’m not feeling the joy of it yet, I know I will. I’m happy to be with whatever is happening 

• Thanks Marie. I’m not having an easy time of it just now, but at least I’m not enmeshed in it all so deeply that I can’t see what’s happening.  I was in it deep, last weekend when it first hit me, but with all the new awareness and support etc, I can actually see clearly what’s happening and that’s priceless ~ so although I’m not feeling the joy of it yet, I know I will. I’m happy to be with whatever is happening 

Children
No Data