Daily experience of an autistic

My Universal Credit, work coach referred me  to learndirect for a week long customer care course.

Yesterday I had my interview.

A lot of form filling, name, address, phone no. Email, national insurance, next of kin phone, etc etc etc.

Q...  What is my ideal job?

What job I would refuse to do?

Any disabilities ???????

Around 10 Q about my style of learning. Multiple choice with 3 choices.

Formal face to face interview.

A Maths test. 

Place four numbers in order from lowest to highest?  

Someone spends £10 a week on travel.  How much will he spend on travel in four weeks?  Show all workings.

Etc

An English test.

Circle wrongly spelt words.

Add Capitals and full stops to a sentence.

Identify a verb in a sentence.  They even explained that a verb is an action or doing word.   

Week long course starts on Monday 29th Jan.

Parents
  • An update and bad news, disastrous!

Yesterday I signed on at the jobcentre.  Following advice from learndirect I asked my jobcentre work coach for a reference.  As I expected she refused saying it is against job centre policy to give references.

While at the job centre I received a text from learndirect, changing today's start time from 9:30 to 9am and reminding me to dress smartly for today's selection interviews.  My work coach advised me to wear full suit and tie.

Today, I tried to get there for 9am.  But with all the traffic and snowstorm I managed to arrive at 9:02am at learndirect. One of my autistic traits is punctuality.  I was panicking and considering returning home.  Anyway it turns out less than half the class were there on time. Nobody had a suit or tie.  They just wore regular clothes.The actual assessment was a surprise.  We had 20 Min to fill out

1. A personal profile of ourselves
    2. Write about  how others see us
    3. Write what help or support we need from management and team members.
    4. Then a long group exercise about doing a risk assessment and care plan for a downs syndrome man  with a walking frame who wants to go shopping.  And has other personal problems managing his health etc.  

The group was dominated by a very opinionated woman who really got on my nerves.

1. To summarize I blew it Japanese ogre

• An update and bad news, disastrous!

Yesterday I signed on at the jobcentre.  Following advice from learndirect I asked my jobcentre work coach for a reference.  As I expected she refused saying it is against job centre policy to give references.

While at the job centre I received a text from learndirect, changing today's start time from 9:30 to 9am and reminding me to dress smartly for today's selection interviews.  My work coach advised me to wear full suit and tie.

Today, I tried to get there for 9am.  But with all the traffic and snowstorm I managed to arrive at 9:02am at learndirect. One of my autistic traits is punctuality.  I was panicking and considering returning home.  Anyway it turns out less than half the class were there on time. Nobody had a suit or tie.  They just wore regular clothes.The actual assessment was a surprise.  We had 20 Min to fill out

1. A personal profile of ourselves
    2. Write about  how others see us
    3. Write what help or support we need from management and team members.
    4. Then a long group exercise about doing a risk assessment and care plan for a downs syndrome man  with a walking frame who wants to go shopping.  And has other personal problems managing his health etc.  

The group was dominated by a very opinionated woman who really got on my nerves.

1. To summarize I blew it Japanese ogre

Children
  • Greetings. At Half-past-Twelve, if another has replied before me, then I do not see that as I Post this here. I wrote a much longer Reply, yet decided against Posting it, in favour of this sort of summary instead...

When put into a situation, and bad things happen to me which are not my own fault (e.g. - misinformation, traffic jams, opinionated women)... I make a note of all such impedences and then state them. When something happens that is not my own fault, then I say that that is not my own fault...

...If all of that is dismissed, then I keep precise records, and state them at the very next time I am put into such a situation. ..! Apart from that, I sort of Post in order to say that I am still trying to follow this Thread, and cannot say much else, as it brings up so many disparate topics. Do not blame yourself for what others inflict upon you - take note of such things and challenge them for a next time, I say...