Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

Parents
  • Glad Tidings, Anyone interested (!). The whole time I was blocked (hacked) I also thought about this Thread, a lot, obviously of massive importance to society and Autism... (!) I post here as I have chance, and know not what might happen after...

I wanted only to say that it is really very annoying that I lose access to talking about Pokemon in this Forum, This Thread... just as I find out that Pokemon is *genuinely* "coming to the UK".

The "Galar" Region and "Generation 8" Pokemon are all based upon the UK (actually Scotland and Britain so far). I wanted to see an Electric Bird (like those sitting upon powerlines/pylons), but, alas, instead we get a Monkey which is not even a UK thing...

...Aaaanyway, that is enough from Me, here, considering that I know not when or if I can Post again. There are some very funny yet rude "Pokemon UK  Memes" on the WWW, as old as from before March. I look forward to the game, and never having to supersize a pokemon in order to win. And another Female Professor (Magnolia), at last.

Good Fortune, All.

(P.S. Anyone not interested in Pokemon, read the OP: In this NAS Forum, Topics about almost anything can be started. There are at least four "Dr Who" Threads already - so there.)

• Hi Slight smile So, I'm no Pokemon expert, but I loved collecting the cards and watching it on TV when I was younger. I also tried Pokemon Go when it came out and I did enjoy it for a while, but I found I was always catching the same kind of Pokemon and it got a little dull.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on 'Detective Pikachu'. I loved the film and thought it was hilarious (although the ending wasn't as strong as it could have been), but I think it got mixed reviews.

• Greetings "DuckBread". Now that I can post again, I reply to this.

Detective Pikachu as far as I saw gained generally GOOD reviews. The Mirror Newspaper said something like: "Watch this film and wonder why not all films about Video Games are as good as this." On internet Film sites it also gets pretty good reviews. Personally, I thought the film also was very good, but I do not watch many films nowadays. 

I cannot play Pokemon Go since I have no SmartPhone. I always watch people playing it upon the BUS (catching mostly Rattatas), though. Upon the TV show "Strictly Come Dancing", there was a couple dancing as Ash and Pikachu (--!!!). In the last Eurovision Song Contest, the winner mentioned Pikachu in the lyrics...! This means that Pokemon has finally become part of "popular culture", which is nice.

...Um... not sure what else to say, now! News reports sometimes say things about "Pokemon Go" bringing people together - this is also a good thing, I guess.

• Greetings "DuckBread". Now that I can post again, I reply to this.

Detective Pikachu as far as I saw gained generally GOOD reviews. The Mirror Newspaper said something like: "Watch this film and wonder why not all films about Video Games are as good as this." On internet Film sites it also gets pretty good reviews. Personally, I thought the film also was very good, but I do not watch many films nowadays. 

I cannot play Pokemon Go since I have no SmartPhone. I always watch people playing it upon the BUS (catching mostly Rattatas), though. Upon the TV show "Strictly Come Dancing", there was a couple dancing as Ash and Pikachu (--!!!). In the last Eurovision Song Contest, the winner mentioned Pikachu in the lyrics...! This means that Pokemon has finally become part of "popular culture", which is nice.

...Um... not sure what else to say, now! News reports sometimes say things about "Pokemon Go" bringing people together - this is also a good thing, I guess.

Children
No Data