What do I need to do to be listened to?

In a difficult situation.

Family don't give a ***.

Social work don't give a ***.

What the ** am I supposed to do?

In the past I've overdosed and sent an email to social work mentioning suicide and ended up in a psych ward in a cry for help. But I still get ignored and all I get offered is horrible medication.

Parents
  • Hi perpermcdrew.

I’m sorry you are going through such a tough time, it’s good that you’ve let us know what’s happening/how you feel. 

If you are unable to cope with the distress or despair, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts of suicide.  Make an urgent appointment with your GP who can make sure you get appropriate help and support.

The Samaritans provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day by email on jo@samaritans.org.

MIND have information pages on coping with self harm or suicidal feelings based on the experiences of people who’ve been through it that you may find helpful.

If you need help with an autism related issue, our helpline can be emailed on autismhelpline@nas.org.uk.

I hope that is of some help.

Regards,

Kerri-Mod

• Hi perpermcdrew.

I’m sorry you are going through such a tough time, it’s good that you’ve let us know what’s happening/how you feel. 

If you are unable to cope with the distress or despair, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts of suicide.  Make an urgent appointment with your GP who can make sure you get appropriate help and support.

The Samaritans provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day by email on jo@samaritans.org.

MIND have information pages on coping with self harm or suicidal feelings based on the experiences of people who’ve been through it that you may find helpful.

If you need help with an autism related issue, our helpline can be emailed on autismhelpline@nas.org.uk.

I hope that is of some help.

Regards,

Kerri-Mod

Children
No Data