The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • I have a son with autism that is 35 years old and he has gone to church his whole life. Even when it doesn't seem like he is paying attention he doesn't miss anything.  He is currently living in a group home with four other absolutely adorable autistic men and one of his staff in an effort to avoid taking my son to church told me that I was the one that wanted him to go to church and that He ( My son) didn't comprehend what was being said. So on the day of the Christmas service my son had called a pastor from a church ( I still don't know what church he went to) and he asked the pastor to pick him up for church. He then sneaked out right under the noses of two staff workers and was gone all day. lol He didn't miss the sermon. I do understand that it can be difficult. In fact I could not take my son to a white baptist church but he can sure make  Pentecostal preacher proud, lol If your having a hard time with the church your going to, I would advise you to try a different church. And for all you haters out there, remember the everything you do or say will be repeated.....lol

• I have a son with autism that is 35 years old and he has gone to church his whole life. Even when it doesn't seem like he is paying attention he doesn't miss anything.  He is currently living in a group home with four other absolutely adorable autistic men and one of his staff in an effort to avoid taking my son to church told me that I was the one that wanted him to go to church and that He ( My son) didn't comprehend what was being said. So on the day of the Christmas service my son had called a pastor from a church ( I still don't know what church he went to) and he asked the pastor to pick him up for church. He then sneaked out right under the noses of two staff workers and was gone all day. lol He didn't miss the sermon. I do understand that it can be difficult. In fact I could not take my son to a white baptist church but he can sure make  Pentecostal preacher proud, lol If your having a hard time with the church your going to, I would advise you to try a different church. And for all you haters out there, remember the everything you do or say will be repeated.....lol

Children
No Data