The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents Reply Children
  • It depends on what their saying or if they are shouting loudly 

• I agree with Handi-andis, it could be very annoying to be preached at in a place from which there is no easy escape. People who go to a church (whether they have made a commitment to it or not) have gone there voluntarily and expect to be preached to, the commuters have not.

On the other hand, is it much more annoying than having to overhear someone else's boring phone conversation or choice of music?

If a Muslim tried to convert me to Islam in a similar way, I wouldn't be interested, but I would try to be polite, and maybe explain my beliefs to him (or her) in return.

• It is how to put people off by having things rammed down their throat. Preaching on a street is one thing as people can always walk away, but on a commuter train you don't have that opportunity. If we turn it around and ask the question, how would you feel if it was a Muslim doing it what would be your response? 

That said, if that is what they feel the Lord is calling them to do then so be it, but personally despite my faith I would find it very annoying if I was in that carriage on that train