I want to Be Born Again

Dear collective,

For every truth there is a equal and opposite anti-truth reaction. So say the great philosophizers. 2 + 2 = infinity. That's my opinion, but kinda like a broken calculator, it doesnt count. The eternal return on an investment in christ? the ultimate bargaining chip when barred from the pearly gates? These are questions nobody asked, i'm sure. Following me? okay, What's this deal with Jesus? does anybody know.

And what's Jesus opinion on ***, forget burning bushes. It's important.

Assistance Please

your ideas

[edited by moderator]

Parents
  • Being born again whether as a Christian or a rebirther (or for that matter as a satanist!) is just another "restart" and you can (and I've seen people do) STILL muck it up on the restart..

The beauty (or otherwise, depending on where you sit) of a shared belief system and moral framework that has been refined over time (or is perfect at it's inception, as some systems are seen) is that it reduces the amount of concious decisions you have to make to a more manageable level.

In the context of a religion or a cult or other "unified" system of thought all members theoretically know a great deal more about how the other guy is thinking, creating a sense of tribal bonding which seems to be rewarding. 

The unwanted side effect being "-isms" of course.

For me, I have found that whether "Derivative" or not, Christian prinnciples as I read them in the gospels, make sense, mostly, and when adopted by myself (and others who I have observed making the attempt) seem to make my life more bearable, and seasoned with some real joy & contentment occasionally, which I didn't have during the period where I held those ideas & Ideals to be of little value. 

*** it is not an easy path or a cop-out, it doesn't make it's followers glow in the dark or survive cancer, it's just a choice to live a certain way to the best of one's ability. 

I don't know how it is for anyone else, but life is tough. Unless you make exactly the right decisions AND have good luck, life can seem impossible and unrewarding.

Autism particularly seems to make some people unable to "count their blessings". I know this because that happened to me for a great many years, and it's only loking back that I realise how very, lucky in some ways I have been.

My "outlook on life" is definitely, like many of us here, quite "unstable".This "instabilty" seems quite intractable, even if I use drugs to "modify my baseline" I still have days where my perspective shifts from a reasonably well sorted and pleasant view of my surroundings to a darker and frankly much less acceptable perspective where even anonymous posters on a forum can deeply annoy me. 

THE TRICK to staying out of the hands of the MH "professionals", is to leverage ones own PDA  and decide to avoid complying with the demands of your own emotions for as long as they take to wear off.

Like dealing with intoxication, as soon as you recognise it it in yourself, it's best to go lie down, do nothing, (or go and clean something)  and wait for the effects to wear off or change, rather than giving in to your feelings. A bit like keeping a straight face in poker when you've been dealt yet another rubbish hand... 

[edited by moderator]

• I detect much insight that I can relate to above, in your words.

Reply Children
No Data