Cholesterol, Diet, Weight loss, exercise, etc

Haven't posted for a while as I have been trying to just get on with my life and trying to ignore my autism, FND and a host of other issues.
I've pretty much accepted my issues and the fact that there is very little, if anything, that can be done to "fix me".

Anyway, hello to all of the folks that I have engaged with in the past and hello to all the newer people.

I've asked a similar question before, but want to have another stab at it.

One of the things that I REALLY struggle with is my autism and food.
I do not (read that as "cannot") eat so many of the things that health professionals keep telling us to eat.
For me, the list includes

• Vegetables
  • Salads
  • Fish

Its not just that I dont like them....I absolutely hate them and really cannot eat them due to taste, texture and smell.
It's so bad that even if I am sitting next to my wife while she is eating a salad, I feel physically sick / nauseous - especially the smell of cucumber, celery and the like.

Last week I had a routine health check (blood pressure, weight, cholesterol, etc). My cholesterol was on the high side (6 ish) and my BMI puts me on the lower end of obese.
The thing is, I am quite fit and I exercise regularly (yoga x 2, spin x 2, weights x 1 and cardio x1 per week).
I have built up my muscle mass and only really have fat around my stomach.
Around 3 years ago I was 117kg and am now 103kg, but haven't been able to go below that for the past year or more.
I had a trail session with a PT at the gym, but that almost sent me into meltdown because the PT had little to no understanding of Autism or FND, or other issues that I have (I'm in my 50's so there are limitations as to what my body is able to do). 
I've spoken to other PTs, but none of them have heard of FND before, so that gives me zero confidence in their ability to support me with my fitness / weight loss journey.
All of the PTs seemed to put a lot of emphasis on nutrition / diet - things that I cannot do.

My diet isn't terrible (apart from not eating the "good stuff") - I rarely have takeaways and I drink in moderation (another massive reduction from several years ago). I drink plenty of water.

I know that other autistic people struggle with eating veg, salads and fish, so I'm not alone in that.
What I want to do is somehow

• compensate for what I am not eating (I do take supplements - Vit D, B12, Cod liver oil, magnesium)
  • lower my cholesterol (I'd rather avoid statins and the like)
  • lower my BMI / weight, 90-95kg would be my initial goal

Any advice?
Anyone facing similar challenges?

Parents
  • Hi
    You need to understand  cholesterol.
    Yes,it is associated with fatty foods, but it can also be hidden.
    For example.. I egg ( including yolk ) would meet Your daily  cholesterol limit, opposed to two which would generally put You over.
    We are not talking calories here, we are talking about the amount of fat travelling through you blood vessels which can 
    put a strain on the heart pumping blood.
    The liver produces  cholesterol and anything like alcohol even in moderation will increase  cholesterol.
    Healthy fats such as olive oil ( moderation ) and nuts contain healthy benefits, as does the fish You mentiioned but FRESH,no batter etc.
    High salt content in foods over time can and will narrow Your blood vessels also leading to hypertension,again
    stressing the heart. The salt acts in Your blood vessels like plaque and tarter on Your teeth but unlike visiting the Dentist
    this is IRRVERSIBLE.
    BMI is calculated via body fat vs muscle mass vs Height.
    Basically,to reduce  cholesterol levels.. Eat lots of fruit and veg, limit alchohol, nothing fried, low carbs and high protein ( lean ) no fat such as sausages and bacon. SUGAR is Your enemy here ! Limit it as much as You can.
    And plenty of cardio workouts each week to keep the blood flowing  easily through those vessels.
    Less body fat = low  cholesterol.
    It is a science but healthy eating and regular exercise will keep Youy on track.
    P.S Smoking also promotes the collection of fats in the vessels which is not good news.
    MODS... This is not Medical advice, it is nutrition and healthy lifestyle.

• Can you cope with smoothies and shakes?

• Hi The CatWoman.
    Not sure if You were asking GPK26 or Myself.
    Dedicated protein shakes are excellent but the body still needs vital vitamins and Minerals
    via fruit and veg, Vitamin supplements only " aid ".
    Also too much protein stresses the kidneys.
    Sorry if You were asking GPK26.

• Hi The CatWoman.
    Not sure if You were asking GPK26 or Myself.
    Dedicated protein shakes are excellent but the body still needs vital vitamins and Minerals
    via fruit and veg, Vitamin supplements only " aid ".
    Also too much protein stresses the kidneys.
    Sorry if You were asking GPK26.

Children
No Data