SSRI medication

Does anyone else feel like they’re less inhibited on these pills? I feel tipsy most of the time. Like tipsy but still with it at the same time. I walk into things and look tired all the time. I also sleep all the time. I still get anxiety now and again but it’s greatly reduced and it’s never going to go away completely. I feel like I do things that I wouldn’t do normally. Like go up and talk to people and go out for walks whereas I would normally just sit in the house too afraid to go out. I also find myself expressing anger which I wouldn’t normally do because I would normally be complacent to anything happening around me. I also struggle to remember what I did during the day and feel like I was on autopilot or something. They’re good pills don’t get me wrong but think I need an increase or something as I still get an inkling to drink alcohol for anxiety now and again. Maybe I ought to see a therapist or something but I don’t see that doing much for me as my anxiety is kinda engrained in me because of my autism I think. Oh well who knows just voicing my experience with some pills. I know a lot of you say you tried these and they didn’t work for you. They work for me for sure but they just don’t get you high like benzos or something but who actually wants that? I know some people find them good but nah too dangerous for sure. Taking benzos is just the same practically as having a fifth of vodka 3 times a day to manage anxiety not practical in practice. I know they were originally designed to be less addictive than barbiturates but look how that worked out I guess.

Parents
  • but they just don’t get you high like benzos or something but who actually wants that?

I don't get high. Benzos make me feel suddenly grounded, like I can function, think clearly and focus. But since they're highly addictive, I only take them when I need to sleep and the orchestration in my head is looping or when I have a deadline for something requiring intense organisation, like doing taxes. For the most part, the nootropics/mushrooms seem to do the trick. Benzos have the opposite effect on biology as anti-depressants and SSRIs.

But I do know that Grapefruit (and potentially bitter citrus) will prohibit proper absorbtion of these drugs, creating a build up in the bloodstream and lead to a toxic levels and potentially overdose. So, put that marmalade away!  

• but they just don’t get you high like benzos or something but who actually wants that?

I don't get high. Benzos make me feel suddenly grounded, like I can function, think clearly and focus. But since they're highly addictive, I only take them when I need to sleep and the orchestration in my head is looping or when I have a deadline for something requiring intense organisation, like doing taxes. For the most part, the nootropics/mushrooms seem to do the trick. Benzos have the opposite effect on biology as anti-depressants and SSRIs.

But I do know that Grapefruit (and potentially bitter citrus) will prohibit proper absorbtion of these drugs, creating a build up in the bloodstream and lead to a toxic levels and potentially overdose. So, put that marmalade away!  

Children
No Data