SSRI medication

Does anyone else feel like they’re less inhibited on these pills? I feel tipsy most of the time. Like tipsy but still with it at the same time. I walk into things and look tired all the time. I also sleep all the time. I still get anxiety now and again but it’s greatly reduced and it’s never going to go away completely. I feel like I do things that I wouldn’t do normally. Like go up and talk to people and go out for walks whereas I would normally just sit in the house too afraid to go out. I also find myself expressing anger which I wouldn’t normally do because I would normally be complacent to anything happening around me. I also struggle to remember what I did during the day and feel like I was on autopilot or something. They’re good pills don’t get me wrong but think I need an increase or something as I still get an inkling to drink alcohol for anxiety now and again. Maybe I ought to see a therapist or something but I don’t see that doing much for me as my anxiety is kinda engrained in me because of my autism I think. Oh well who knows just voicing my experience with some pills. I know a lot of you say you tried these and they didn’t work for you. They work for me for sure but they just don’t get you high like benzos or something but who actually wants that? I know some people find them good but nah too dangerous for sure. Taking benzos is just the same practically as having a fifth of vodka 3 times a day to manage anxiety not practical in practice. I know they were originally designed to be less addictive than barbiturates but look how that worked out I guess.

Parents
  • That "acting on your anger thing" happened to me.

What really scared me about prozac was that it also "lowered my threshold of disbelief" and I found myself "believing in my gut" things that logically could not possibly be true. 

That might have been a transitory effect, but I was not warned about it, and since acting on my anger had already got me in trouble, I discontinued the drug and chose a different path. 

My mate who's been on prozac for MANY years, swears by them, however...

• That "acting on your anger thing" happened to me.

What really scared me about prozac was that it also "lowered my threshold of disbelief" and I found myself "believing in my gut" things that logically could not possibly be true. 

That might have been a transitory effect, but I was not warned about it, and since acting on my anger had already got me in trouble, I discontinued the drug and chose a different path. 

My mate who's been on prozac for MANY years, swears by them, however...

Children