Tinnitus or electricity? Or both?

I have tinnitus since my childhood since I ever remember, but I was sure my whole life that it’s normal and everyone has it. It’s regular high pitch constant sound, quiet but often overwhelming. Additionally there is a low frequency irregular hum (does not follow my heartbeat). When I cover my ears, the hum disappears while the high pitch noise remains in my head. I hear the hum only indoors and only in silence like in the night. Recently I found out about tinnitus and heard a video with simulations of different types of it, I found the one that I have. So I’m concerned now, if what I hear (the hum) is electricity? Several years ago I had a hearing test and it showed I heard from 5Hz and the doctor mentioned something that it’s not normal, something about Hyperacusis and that I should go test myself etc I don’t remember exactly I was just happy that I hear good. I was concerned about my hearing because there were and of course still are situations that I don’t react when being called. When reading a book or anything else that swallows my attention. I also often ask “what?” When someone talks to me, but not because I don’t hear it’s because I can’t catch it all at once I need them to repeat so I can process it. My “Linux “ works slower. I’m wondering if I’m going crazy. Any thoughts or experiences will be appreciated. 

Parents
  • My childhood was full of people syringing and poking about in my ears for exactly the same reason.

I for some reason need to allocate a LOT of processing power to my hearing, and if I'm using it on the task at hand I don't hear people. 

On the other side when I need maximum processing power I.E. driving a car around a busy island I need to NOT be listening to conversation.

My last "meltdown" was at my daughter who simply woud NOT shut up whilst I was doing something culinary, (Culinary activity gives me more stress and difficulty than driving). 

• My childhood was full of people syringing and poking about in my ears for exactly the same reason.

I for some reason need to allocate a LOT of processing power to my hearing, and if I'm using it on the task at hand I don't hear people. 

On the other side when I need maximum processing power I.E. driving a car around a busy island I need to NOT be listening to conversation.

My last "meltdown" was at my daughter who simply woud NOT shut up whilst I was doing something culinary, (Culinary activity gives me more stress and difficulty than driving). 

Children
  • That’s why I escape the other members of my family. Whatever I’m doing - I do it silence. My husband’s soap opera on his phone, my daughter playing and talking all the time, her toys, other sounds from the background all that makes me crazy. I had meltdowns as a kid and adolescent but now as adult I get panic attacks. Didn’t have one for a while because started taking better care of myself- earplugs. It’s like I managed to avoid meltdowns, how to avoid the triggers and calm myself down, so my brain decided that it has to release the energy in other way.