Mildly frustrated

Before I continue, I live in a council house. Earlier this year (I think) a sample had been taken from my son's bedroom wall/ceiling to test for mould. As we had heard nothing back from the council, it came as something of a surprise last week when I heard the unmistakeable sound of scaffolding being erected outside the front of my home.

Shortly after 9am this morning, I could hear sounds and realised that work had commenced on my roof. I felt mildly frustrated that the roofers hadn't thought to notify me of their arrival and explain what they were intending to do. As a tenant, I like to take an interest when work is undertaken at my home. I don't mean in the sense of being in the way and watching whilst work is undertaken, but I do like to be kept informed.

After approximately twenty minutes, the two roofers drove off. I'm now sitting here not knowing if they have completed what they came here to do, or if they are simply taking a break to get some brunch and will be returning. Only time will tell, I guess.

Parents
  • The water board completely shut my (busy) road right at the edge of my driveway for nearly 2 weeks with no warning so they could replace some external stopcocks (including mine) They even switched the water off without even knocking when there were cars on the driveway. Then I had to go out and buy bottled water because it was filthy where they’d connected the new pipes up in a muddy hole. Never heard anything from them at all before, during or after the whole process. Not even a warning letter through the door or email.  It’s quite baffling actually

• Not giving any warning before turning off water could be dangerous, what if you'd of had a load of washing in the machine? It would of been trying to heat the non existant water and could of caused a fire. I wondr who's responsibility that would of been?

• Not giving any warning before turning off water could be dangerous, what if you'd of had a load of washing in the machine? It would of been trying to heat the non existant water and could of caused a fire. I wondr who's responsibility that would of been?

Children
No Data