Mildly frustrated

Before I continue, I live in a council house. Earlier this year (I think) a sample had been taken from my son's bedroom wall/ceiling to test for mould. As we had heard nothing back from the council, it came as something of a surprise last week when I heard the unmistakeable sound of scaffolding being erected outside the front of my home.

Shortly after 9am this morning, I could hear sounds and realised that work had commenced on my roof. I felt mildly frustrated that the roofers hadn't thought to notify me of their arrival and explain what they were intending to do. As a tenant, I like to take an interest when work is undertaken at my home. I don't mean in the sense of being in the way and watching whilst work is undertaken, but I do like to be kept informed.

After approximately twenty minutes, the two roofers drove off. I'm now sitting here not knowing if they have completed what they came here to do, or if they are simply taking a break to get some brunch and will be returning. Only time will tell, I guess.

Parents
  • This really must be frustrating. We own our house and it is a constant source of frustration to my wife that I can never quite organise repairs. i can never quite explain the anxiety of calling people and them likely being really boisterous in personality and random timekeepers. I can only imagine what it is like having no control at all. 

• This really must be frustrating. We own our house and it is a constant source of frustration to my wife that I can never quite organise repairs. i can never quite explain the anxiety of calling people and them likely being really boisterous in personality and random timekeepers. I can only imagine what it is like having no control at all. 

Children
  • It is frustrating, but as it can be par for the course, I try to accept it, albeit somewhat begrudgingly.

You have my sympathy regarding your own situation. I must admit that when I need to report repairs, I can have a tendency to procrastinate and put it off. When I do bite the bullet though and make the phone call, it is rarely as bad as I have imagined it to be.