Personal Independence Payment is a complete joke. You try and convey what is wrong and they don't listen. Scored 0 on all aspects.

Neurotypicals don't understand the difficulties neurodiverse individuals face. 

Absolutely unbelievable. 

I followed the advice on this website and others. 

What do I need to do to show people how an invisible disability affects me? 

It feels like I get brushed off as not suffering. 

Parents
  • Will they ever change so that neurodiverse individuals get the support they need?

• Will they ever change so that neurodiverse individuals get the support they need?

They will change, but probably to make it harder for us to access it.

They most likely make the level of "need" to be so high that you don't qualify, even if you do struggle and would benefit from the payment.

My thoughts are that there is a team within the organisation that monitors how much is being awarded, they project this agains what budget they have to give out and have to shift the sliding scale up to make sure they balance the books.

It will be interesting to see if the new labour government are more lenient or continue with cuts in order to pay for things in other areas. They know there is little money to work with and may have to move the cash to pay for some of their manifesto promises.

Sorry this didn't work out for you.

• Cheers for the insights.

I think more and more people are realising they are autistic and just coped and struggled throughout their lives. If autism is growing and people are not receiving the help they need then situations will get worse. 

The Labour government promises change, which I am a strong believer in, having studied urban design, planning and community development. Just the threat of climate change and the issues that it brings will change the world in a negative way. 

Things need to change; otherwise we are all doomed.

• Cheers for the insights.

I think more and more people are realising they are autistic and just coped and struggled throughout their lives. If autism is growing and people are not receiving the help they need then situations will get worse. 

The Labour government promises change, which I am a strong believer in, having studied urban design, planning and community development. Just the threat of climate change and the issues that it brings will change the world in a negative way. 

Children
  • I think more and more people are realising they are autistic and just coped and struggled throughout their lives. If autism is growing and people are not receiving the help they need then situations will get worse

The governments rational is that if they hadn't realised they were autistic then they wouldn't have applied for the PIP in the first place. Therefore they are using it as an excuse.

The Labour government promises change

I've seen a LOT of governments in my life, all promising change - to make everything better but they rarely do anything of substance.

Politicians promises are not worth the paper they are written on I'm afraid as they only use them to get into power.

I've heard this sentiment with every pending government change too - things do change but very slowly and often not for the better. There is no precipise we are going to fall over, just a slow change in society.

It is kind of like the old expression that if you put a frog into a pot of boiling water, it will jump out. However put it in a pot of cold water and slowly boil it then you have frog soup.

What I want to know is who would want to eat frog soup!

My main life lesson is that you can only ever count on helping yourself - career politicians only ever care about getting into & staying in power, not about the people who put them there.