Functional Neurological Disorder(FND)

Hello, Does anyone with an ASD have FND?

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you for sharing this with me. It is rather odd that you mention seeing things that aren't physically there when you were a child as I too experienced something similar when I was a child. I have not been diagnosed with an ASD, I am awaiting an assessment, but the evidence would appear to suggest I do have an ASD. I have been experiencing symptoms of FND since I was a child, but was only formally diagnosed with FND two years ago.  I am really grateful for you sharing your experiences with me as it is providing me with clarity and comfort knowing that I am not alone.

• No it’s fine. I’m not telling you anything personal or anything. I’ve had mines ever since about 3 years old. Something changed that year dunno what though. I was a happy kid and then I changed and started developing nightmares and seeing stuff that wasn’t there. It’s sooooo strange. I remember seeing an all tall black shadow man that moved. I was fine until about 3 years old though which is the age most autistic kids regress into autism. So I guess that’s what happened. Don’t remember what changed though probably my brain wiring changing or something. Have you had yours long? Or have you just recently developed these things?

• I experience those symptoms almost daily and at times they can be debilitating. I experience other symptoms such as numbness and stomach ache. Have long have you experienced your symptoms? I am being incredibly nosey so please do not be afraid to tell me to put a sock in it. I won't take offence. . .but I may take a gate. 

• Yeh. I get tremor, migraines, myoclonus.