How Do Neurotypicals Come Across to Autistic People?

Hey everyone,

I been curious about how neurotypical people are perceived by those on the autism spectrum. For those of you who are autistic, what are some common traits or behaviors of neurotypicals that stand out to you? Are there things that neurotypicals do that you find confusing or challenging to understand? https://njmcdiirect.org/

Parents
  • NT seems to do things as a collective. What I mean, is that after new years, many of them buy gym gear and/or gym memberships, because a majority of the population's new years resolutions were to workout to look good/have better health, and businesses know and prepare for that, because it happens every year. There are certain "seasons" where people buy stuff collectively. Spring can be their "spring cleaning" so they'll buy more cleaning supplies, and new furniture. Or they'll buy clothes that are trending or in season, even if they are uncomfortable, confusing to put on, or akin to torture devices. Maybe the social aspect of society and how society views them means more to them than it is to me? Maybe our values are different. 

• NT seems to do things as a collective. What I mean, is that after new years, many of them buy gym gear and/or gym memberships, because a majority of the population's new years resolutions were to workout to look good/have better health, and businesses know and prepare for that, because it happens every year. There are certain "seasons" where people buy stuff collectively. Spring can be their "spring cleaning" so they'll buy more cleaning supplies, and new furniture. Or they'll buy clothes that are trending or in season, even if they are uncomfortable, confusing to put on, or akin to torture devices. Maybe the social aspect of society and how society views them means more to them than it is to me? Maybe our values are different. 

Children
No Data