Meeting Others...

I don't know where to start meeting other autistic people.  

Connecting with neurotypicals seems to be a total non starter.

It's good to be on this forum, however I spend days, weeks, sometimes months, without speaking to anyone.

Early fifties.

Any input/advice would be very much welcomed

Thank you so much.

Parents
  • Hey there !!! At least you reached out on here :) you're not alone lots of people in the same situation as you..my son is same he  24..and he desperate for events or social activities for people neuro divergent like him as he told me he can't do other neuro typical people  . these types of social events  seems to be very lacking don't know if it's to do with economy or just ignoring people that need services...the only thing I've found is that in the smaller villages and towns there's little in these things. Bristol  however as soon as you google autism events etc etc..there's pages and pages of stuff available...alternatively what you can do if you're able is start a group yourself...deffo there is lots of opportunity to do that if you reach out on here for that it wouldn't take long before you yield results.

• Hey there !!! At least you reached out on here :) you're not alone lots of people in the same situation as you..my son is same he  24..and he desperate for events or social activities for people neuro divergent like him as he told me he can't do other neuro typical people  . these types of social events  seems to be very lacking don't know if it's to do with economy or just ignoring people that need services...the only thing I've found is that in the smaller villages and towns there's little in these things. Bristol  however as soon as you google autism events etc etc..there's pages and pages of stuff available...alternatively what you can do if you're able is start a group yourself...deffo there is lots of opportunity to do that if you reach out on here for that it wouldn't take long before you yield results.

Children
No Data