Struggling to multi-task

I wish I were automatically able to multi-task without having to struggle at it - even though multi-tasking is something that is not possible for those on the autism spectrum. I also wish people would stop with the lack of empathy! I just wish my parents would stop accusing me of making excuses for myself when I clearly find myself becoming overwhelmed as a result of sensory overload. It's not that I don't use my brain OR that my head isn't screwed on properly. Having an autistic brain means that I struggle to get my fragile brain to work the same way as that of a neurotypical. I try to think before carrying out any type of task - I only end up going into sensory overload followed by meltdowns/shutdowns. I don’t get why life is so meaningless and unpleasant for someone with my mental condition. 

I don't expect to be able to cope when I start living on my own - I see myself being unable to cope with life. I'm not even keen on living in any house or apartment, I am considering looking at residential mental health care facilities for autistic adults until I get referred for mental health support and provided with a special needs mental health team. 

Parents
  • ** A D V I S O R Y     A N D   C A U T I O N A R Y    N O T E **

Dear fellow human members of the NAS community, and those who have contributed below.......

Whilst I do not deny that useful comments and discussions can flow from these (95% certainty) bot-instigated threads, I think it is wise to be increasingly aware of "what" has started a discussion......and "what" the motivations for "it" doing so might be.

For the uninitiated (ie those people who are not aware of my fascination with bot activity in this place).......a reliable tell for a certain class of bot, is when the OP displays zero "points" to their name, despite posting that OP - and they often have a reasonably long rap-sheet of previous OP instigations.....but NEVER respond to anyone, ever.

It isn't just the machines watching us......some of us watch the machines, that appear to have been tasked with watching us......because knowledge is power, folks.  Just because I might be paranoid, doesn't mean that there is no reason to be so.

With warm human sentiment towards keeping us all as safe as possible in this mad, mad world,

Number.

• ** A D V I S O R Y     A N D   C A U T I O N A R Y    N O T E **

Dear fellow human members of the NAS community, and those who have contributed below.......

Whilst I do not deny that useful comments and discussions can flow from these (95% certainty) bot-instigated threads, I think it is wise to be increasingly aware of "what" has started a discussion......and "what" the motivations for "it" doing so might be.

For the uninitiated (ie those people who are not aware of my fascination with bot activity in this place).......a reliable tell for a certain class of bot, is when the OP displays zero "points" to their name, despite posting that OP - and they often have a reasonably long rap-sheet of previous OP instigations.....but NEVER respond to anyone, ever.

It isn't just the machines watching us......some of us watch the machines, that appear to have been tasked with watching us......because knowledge is power, folks.  Just because I might be paranoid, doesn't mean that there is no reason to be so.

With warm human sentiment towards keeping us all as safe as possible in this mad, mad world,

Number.

Children
  • All of what you said above (below....wherever) was in my head before I made the decision to reply. Albeit this was in reply to an actual (what I am confident is) human user.

You are one of a kind in this world.

• Ummm... You seen a G.P Recently ? 

• Dear Number, I appreciate the insights shared in this thread regarding the presence of bot activity and the potential implications it may have on our discussions.

It's indeed crucial to remain vigilant and discerning about the origins and motivations behind certain discussions that may be initiated by bots. It is interesting to note the patterns and behaviors that may indicate bot activity, such as the lack of engagement from the original poster despite multiple posts.

As technology continues to advance, it's becoming increasingly important to be mindful of the role that machines play in our interactions and information dissemination. The notion of watching the machines that watch us is a thought-provoking one, pretty scary actually, underscoring the power that knowledge holds in understanding and navigating our increasingly complex world. While some may view vigilance as paranoia, it's really not but is essential to acknowledge the potential risks and implications of unchecked technological influence.

Another forum I'm local on deals with AI spam as well,  despite there being a CAPTCHA upon sign up the bots are still flourishing.

Let's continue to engage in thoughtful discourse and remain vigilant in safeguarding our community from any potential threats or disruptions.

Together, we can work towards creating a safer and more informed environment for all. Warm regards and best wishes for our collective safety in this ever-evolving world.

• Oh how fascinating. I didn't know what that was for or how points were added. LOL

I guess I rarely care seeing that it's been zero times any code has been able to predict what I'm saying, looking for, attempting to do, let alone understanding what I'm trying to communicate. I think they're programmed to understand NT nuance and drifts in linguistics. But thanks for the tip!