For you all

I have come to know a lot of you on these forums. I sperg, roswell, frozen hearts, James w., juniper from galfrey, uhane, Iain, the cat woman, Paper, etc you are all really nice people. I like you all. You have been so nice to me and shared so many useful things with me. I like to think I have done the same. I don’t know where I would be without you all! This is the autism community! We should all be here to support each other. It’s not like there is actually any support for us out there let’s be honest, so all we have is each other to give guidance and support to each other. I will help as much as I can. I promise if I find anything that could help any of you I will definitely share it on here first. We are Autism proud!!!

Parents
  • let’s be honest, so all we have is each other to give guidance and support to each other.

Yes, and I’m happy, that we have each other for that. Advice from others never worked for me, often even from mental health professionals. But advice from autistic people works for me perfectly. What I find wonderful about places like this is that we can communicate and we know, that we are not alone with our struggles. Something that was hard or impossible for our autistic ancestors. 

I wish when I was younger I had just done what was on my mind and not thought so much about it.

Yes, me too. But in my case it was me hearing that I shouldn’t even try because I will fail. I wanted to be an architect and unfortunately I listened to this advice from my family. Ad I’ve never tried. I’m happy at least I managed some things in my life. For me this world is always huge scary and too dynamic. I often begged the world in my thoughts “please, stop changing, stop for a moment, let me breathe!”

• AKA "Stop the world, I want to get off"!

Reply Children
No Data