Hypnotherapy and ADHD+ASPERGER'S

Does anyone have experience of this treatment? I am a mature student with a severe, long-standing writing phobia. I am thinking about a few sessions of online hypnotherapy from Anxiety UK. I I am really desperate for a solution and I feel that hypnotherapy might be more effective and faster-acting than other forms of therapy. CBT might take a long time to work for me and, of course, cost is another factor.  

• Totally agree - I’d had Hypno for other issues and it was a total waste of time and more importantly, money - they are total con-artists just like “faith healers” as they are only interested in making as much money as possible from clients - these “new-age” therapies including Reiki (another massive con-job) are strictly forbidden in traditional Catholic circles for these very reasons 

• Yes. Someone who understands the condition is great, but it's difficult to find such a person.

• GP knows nothing about autism or adhd. Further, there are no adult referrals in my area. Anxiety UK's practitioners are registered and I have an idea how much it will cost me and how many sessions it should take. I have already seen a private psychologist who was quite honestly a waste of time and money.

• Cost is also a huge issue. I have had sessions with an educational psychologist that did not recognise any of my neurodiverse conditions, cost me a fortune and I made no progress. Anxiety UK's service is a much more affordable option and i need to see some improvement quickly.

• I saw a hypnotherapist once for help stopping smoking, it didn't work for me, but it worked for a friend who never even thought about a cigarette, she just stopped. I think yo have to go with what feels right for you and what works for you. I'm unsure about something like hypnotherapy online though.

• Wouldn’t recommend it. Hypnotherapy is a lot of rubbish if you ask me. It’s about as useful as a brick for buttering your toast. They will probably take advantage of you because of your autism and ask you to spend lots of money on sessions after sessions whilst you get no where. My advice - stay away from it, access your GP. Deal with your phobias with meditation and supplements and diet.

• I had one session of hypnotherapy. It did nothing for me.

I see a person-centred therapist now who is also autistic, and that has had a lot more of a positive impact.