Communication

Hello I’m really curious in communication what do you struggle the most?

• Being interupted and people being convinced that they know what I'm going to say. People mostly male people only listening to about 3 words of what I say then being convinced that I said something totally diffferent and that I've agreed with something I haven't.

• Not answering rhetorical questions or offering fun facts related to the conversation. 

Picking up subtleties if not in explicit conversation (I was informed after a period of work experience by colleagues that my boss had spent two weeks hinting that I should apply for the full time position, I was completely unaware of this).

• I legit take everything literally and don't understand a lot of sarcasm / take jokes badly! 

• Morse code gave me a lot of trouble..

• Eye contact, Thinking on the spot and stuttering are the main ones I struggle with. 

• I prempt what people are going to say and reply to that, it's apparently disconcerting and rude when all I want is to finish the comminication.

Also lately I've been losing my words, particularly if I've said something and it's not had the expected effect on the conversation.

• I struggle with getting people to shut up when I need ALL my mind briefly for a task such as driving though a junction. 

"Shut up and let me think" is not me being rude, it's me being literal.

• Catching point of something if it’s not literal or social cues. If it’s not said to me directly, then I either don’t catch it at all or wonder why this person behaves this way. In some cases it took me years to figure out something like “how are you?”. Now I know that I’m expected to say “thanks I’m fine” doesn’t matter if it’s true or not. Before I either stared blankly or started talking about my real problems.

• Thinking on the spot. Especially if you're confronting me about something.