Fork in the air

Hey everyone, the name of this thread may sound a bit dangerous or ridiculous. But it’s related to my issue. While having a meal I write with cutlery or with finger in the air. I can describe the feeling of it as my brain goes to some different state and I forget where I am and what I’m doing, I can merely control myself, what I write in the air is usually some words of a conversation that I hear from other room or from outside, or my own thoughts echoing in my head. Is it some sort of echolalia or stimming… I have no idea. Quite often I also repeat words in whisper but this is less noticeable. Writing with cutlery in the air however looks hmm crazy or weird. It’s not an issue on daily basis because I usually eat alone and I happily do what I want. But soon I have to attend my brothers wedding. I decided to not skip it, ans I anlways happily do with other holidays and parties,  although it’s gonna be tough for me, so many people and everything around. I’m not gonna stay long but I wanna show up. Writing with a fork in a restaurant would be embarrassing, I think it’s even understatement. Is there anyone who can relate to this? Any answer or advise would be appreciated. This forum is the only place where I can share it. My family has already seen me with the fork in the air and I don’t want to cite what they said about it. It also happened to me in a public place few times in the past. I do it for years. 

Parents Reply
  • I love it. It's so interesting seeing how different things were compared to now, like the music, the clothes, even school... It's almost like going back in time whilst having really interesting characters and plots to follow along the way. I wish they made shows like it now.

Children
No Data