Withdrawal from meds

Have any of you stopped taking your meds and how did it go?

I stopped my Mirtazapine on Monday with the agreement of my GP and I’ve had a week of very upset stomachs, dizziness and mood swings. I feel absolutely rotten just now but I know I need to get through this.

I just hope it doesn’t last too long.

Parents
  • The timing of your post couldnt have been any better. 

I have been tapering off of the max dose of Duloxetine for some time now. I really felt i didnt need it anymore. 

I am currently 10 days into complete zero and i am experiencing the brutal realisation of the fact i still need them. My anger came back with a fury that scares even me. The suicidal thoughts are hourly, and the self harm just to cope is impossible to ignore. 

I thought i was keeping it hidden, however my wife told me last night i should go back on them, and my boss told me im 'scary' again. She just came into my office and asked me if i need to go home. I dont want to be that person anymore. I have that awful feeling that nothing good will ever come again. 

So for me coming off my meds is an absolute living hell. Best part is i cant get more meds till Monday. 

Apologies for being so negative and predictably anti everything. 

• Duloxetine is quite a good one but I found it increased my heart rate quite a bit which made my anxiety feel worse. 

Reply Children
No Data