struggling with work situation

27yo here. 

I'm currently going through a bit of a crisis. I was recently moved in my job (I work in fashion retail and was moved from one store to another) and am really struggling with the change. Management thought it would be a good idea to move me to the flagship store for 'development', but the whole situation has driven me into a meltdown. The change of environment, the lack of routine and proper scheduling had really affected me. 

After being in the store for one shift, I felt so overwhelmed that I called in sick for the rest of the week. 

I've expressed to my new manager how I feel and how I'm struggling mentally, but she commented on how she thinks I'm not doing enough to support my mental health and that I need to be stronger. I've called in sick again today because the anxiety of going back fills me with dread. I don't know what to do as they said it's unlikely I'll be moved back to my old store ):

Any advice?

• Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling this way at work at the moment. You may find it useful to have a look at the following information from the NAS on employment, which includes advice around support at work and disclosing your autism diagnosis:

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/employment

I hope this helps,

ChloeMod

• Question 1. are you diagnosed Y/N  IF Y

Question 2 are the company aware Y/N IF Y

Question 3 are you in a union?

This is an immediate HR call the manager is essentially saying its your own fault.

• It sounds like the manager wants you to support your mental health, but putting in place a consistent routine is probably the best thing to do to manage it, while it is difficult to get into and manage the transition, going from routine to no routine is definitely much harder.

Can you explain exactly what is going on when you describe a lack of proper scheduling and lack of routine? Why is the schedule and routine different from your old store? Maybe we could problem solve this aspect.

Have you spoken specifically about these aspects to your manager?