Complex PTSD

Hi All,

I have Complex PTSD and I'm looking into treatment options. Anyone  else with C-PTSD here? I've tried medication (given to me for depression / anxiety) and it didn't really help. I've also tried talking therapies which have helped me to understand why I feel the way I do but it hasn't helped me to feel better. I'm now looking into EMDR. Has anyone tried EMDR? If so, how did you get on with it and is there anything that might be different for me as an autistic person, or any adaptions that the therapist might need to make? Are there any other treatment options that have helped you?

Thank you

Parents
  • Good morning,

I've got ptsd due to past trauma.

My GP refused me for EMDR. pstd UK is a good website for information.

Was on antidepressants which made me like a zombie. Surgery is useless as didn't get any follow-up. Found out that the GP called it a day. Had to withdrawal on my own without going cold turkey. When have a pstd attack keep on saying I'm safe and nobody going to hurt me. I try to do something. 

• Good morning,

I've got ptsd due to past trauma.

My GP refused me for EMDR. pstd UK is a good website for information.

Was on antidepressants which made me like a zombie. Surgery is useless as didn't get any follow-up. Found out that the GP called it a day. Had to withdrawal on my own without going cold turkey. When have a pstd attack keep on saying I'm safe and nobody going to hurt me. I try to do something. 

Children
  • Yes, the antidepressants made me feel like a zombie too, not a pleasant experience. The worst times for me are in the middle of the night, it doesn't matter how much I try to tell myself that I'm safe, my body reacts as though I'm not. I've has a read through the PTSD UK website, thank you, it's very helpful. I try to keep as busy as possible which definitely helps but I also get really tired!