How to recover from burnout?

I am currently on sick leave from work due to becoming burnt out. I'm supposed to return in about two weeks but I don't know how I'm going to manage it because I don't seem to be getting any better. I feel in constant panic mode all day, the slightest stress or sensory overload sends me into a shutdown or meltdown. I struggle with basic things like showering and eating because my body just feels completely drained and small tasks seem overwhelming. My brain just isn't working and I can hardly speak. Just writing this is giving me a headache. I keep trying to look up how to recover from burnout but can't find anything helpful. I don't have the option to quit my job because of finances, so I'm so scared about not getting better and having to return to work in this state. Does anyone have anything that's helped them to recover from burnout?

Parents
  • Rest rest rest, be very kind to yourself. If you broke your leg you would need to rest. I say what is the worst that can happen? Easy to say I know, but put work out of your mind at the moment. One day soon you will feel better. We don't know when but you will. Remember to go easy on yourself x

• Rest rest rest, be very kind to yourself. If you broke your leg you would need to rest. I say what is the worst that can happen? Easy to say I know, but put work out of your mind at the moment. One day soon you will feel better. We don't know when but you will. Remember to go easy on yourself x

Children