I want life to stop

Lights, sounds, smells, everything is extra intolerable lately. I cant seem to make myself do stuff, I cant make decisions. I feel tired and am getting headaches. Words are harder. I keep almost having meltdown/shutdowns (just today I felt like a meltdown every 30min). Im exhausted 

I want it all to stop, I want to take a break from everything but I cant. I have homework, I have school, on friday we have an assembly which I always get overwhelmed at but im scared ill have a full on meltdown because I seem to not even be able to handle everyday stimuli so how could I survive a room with hundreds of students with everyone screaming to get hyped for stupid turnabout dance 

I started feeling like rubbish for a couple weeks but then the last 3 days have been absolutly unbearable. Why is life so hard

Took me 21min to type this (not even that long of a post...)

Parents
  • Can you skip assembly? It sounds like there is no benefit in you being there - in fact it would be harmful. It’s not like you’ll miss out on classes. 

• Im not sure. They do bring the "special needs class" kids to assemblys so I dont know if I can. Ill ask though

• Yes I would ask! Explain how overwhelming it is and ask if you can maybe sit in the library or an empty classroom (eg. With a book). (Or worst case scenario can you just skip it? (Don’t want you to get into trouble or endorse skipping school but sometimes you’ve got to put yourself first. I am very grateful to my mum for sometimes facilitating this- she once even wrote me a note claiming i was ill so that i could get out of a school trip. Same with swimming lessons… I didn’t know i was autistic though at time. I was very lucky that my mum instinctively recognised that some situation were not good for me and best avoided- I think she is autistic too so that’s probably why she understood)

• Yes I would ask! Explain how overwhelming it is and ask if you can maybe sit in the library or an empty classroom (eg. With a book). (Or worst case scenario can you just skip it? (Don’t want you to get into trouble or endorse skipping school but sometimes you’ve got to put yourself first. I am very grateful to my mum for sometimes facilitating this- she once even wrote me a note claiming i was ill so that i could get out of a school trip. Same with swimming lessons… I didn’t know i was autistic though at time. I was very lucky that my mum instinctively recognised that some situation were not good for me and best avoided- I think she is autistic too so that’s probably why she understood)

Children
No Data