Diets and picky eating

Okay, so I am plus size and need to lose weight for both my mental and physical health.

The problem is, I have executive control issues which means I often can only have takeout, and when I do make food, it's using a toaster or microwave only as I have issues with the oven.

My diet is incredibly narrow, ravioli, chicken nuggets, chips, Weetabix, plain burgers, margarita pizza, gravy, and only a specific mince pie. I'm trying to lose weight but it's hard when all I can eat is incredibly unhealthy and non-filling. 

People always say, if you only have good stuff in, eventually you'll eat it when you are hungry enough but I don't. I just pass out and sleep all day if I'm put in that situation. 

I'm hoping someone has some experience with this and can help. But I am aware it's a tricky dilemma. 

Parents
  • People always say, if you only have good stuff in, eventually you'll eat it when you are hungry enough but I don't.

When I was little my mom would say this too. But I would end up not eating anything for days until I would cry all night from being so hungry. Then she'd make me something I would eat.

Recently Ive been making a list of every food item im okay with eating, then I wrote the # of serving sizes and the price per serving size so I know how much id have to buy and how often for when I live on my own. And im trying to have perfect proportion sizes and fit with the food plate thing (Im fairly good but I have zero vegitables. But hey, I cant do everything)

• People always say, if you only have good stuff in, eventually you'll eat it when you are hungry enough but I don't.

When I was little my mom would say this too. But I would end up not eating anything for days until I would cry all night from being so hungry. Then she'd make me something I would eat.

Recently Ive been making a list of every food item im okay with eating, then I wrote the # of serving sizes and the price per serving size so I know how much id have to buy and how often for when I live on my own. And im trying to have perfect proportion sizes and fit with the food plate thing (Im fairly good but I have zero vegitables. But hey, I cant do everything)

Children
No Data